etn | A-1210 Wien, Tonfabrikgasse 4
English   Deutsch

History

 

The roots of etn go back to the year 1953 as the enterprise Eichmann KG starts distribution and installations of cables at the actual location Tonfabrikgasse 4. The main-customer is already today’s “Wienstrom GmbH”.

1990 the enterprise Eichmann KG is brought into the quoted Pengg Kabel AG together with the cable-works of Breitenfeld and Thörl.

In 1992 Pengg Kabel AG takes over the cable-works Mayer & Droessler in Trumau.

In 1994 Pengg Kabel AG is sold to Felten & Guilleaume Köln.

In 1997 Felten & Guilleaume Köln concentrates their distribution activities and so they found pmd (Pengg Mayer and Droessler).

In the year 2000 Klöckner Möller buys Felten & Guilleaume Köln, pmd and FuG Eugenia Schrems. Also in 2000 Möller sells his cable-related companies to nkt Kopenhagen.

In 2002 nkt closes the cable-works in Trumau.

At the beginning of 2003 Mister Franz Bauer takes over the assembly-department of nkt-Austria and establishes etn Energie- und Telecom Netze GmbH. Soon etn becomes one of the leading cable-installing-companies in Austria.